As I sit here on this Labor Day, I ponder on the wrong I have done in my life. Life’s trials and tribulations, wrong choices, bad behaviors, and so on come to mind as I sit here to write. I turn to the Creator for guidance to seek repentance for the sins of my past. To return to G-d is something I seek, for atonement is needed to cleanse the body of guilt and shame of past transgressions.
Atonement is a concept that is portrayed throughout religion and faiths across the globe. In Judaism, atonement is primarily about returning to G-d, acknowledging wrongdoing, repairing harm, and changing one’s behavior. Although I don’t follow any religion personally, my faith in G-d is paramount to my existence. To act justly in accordance to one’s conscience, is to live a righteous life.
The process of atonement is simple to lay out and follow. One must first recognize their wrongdoing in an honest manner. Once recognition is made in one’s mind, one must confess it. To confess past transgressions and wrongdoings is one thing, to feel genuine remorse is another. This is where most people fall short of atonement for they feel no remorse for their actions in this dog eat dog world. To make amends, restitution must be offered to those you have harmed. Whether that person wishes to acknowledge such actions is another aspect entirely. Finally, once amends have been made with those that you have wronged, one must change their behavior and respond differently moving forward.
Those who live without sin shall cast the first stone is the famous saying. To point fingers at others for their wrongdoings when one can’t for certain look within and see they too are sinners is what I see in this world. To defend the ego, blame is placed to the right, left, and center, instead of introspective thought given to one’s action or lack thereof. You can’t always control one’s thoughts, but as a conscious observer and adult, one most certainly can control one’s actions. It is our actions that speak volumes about our faith and protestment to a higher power that may or may not watch over all of us and guide us along our righteous path through life. In the end, atonement and forgiveness go hand in hand.
The problem with this world is we have left our moral compass somewhere hidden away. We sit confused at what to believe, putting our faith in people rather than the Creator and oneself. To put your faith in man will leave one falling short in life. Put faith in yourself and what Created you and you shall live without worry. I put my faith and trust in the Almighty, communicate with Him, not wishing to seek word back, but acknowledgement of my trust in the process of life and the universe.
There shall be no compulsion in religion. Atonement does not take faith in man-made concepts, for the Creator spreads his wings across the Earth, putting no person above another. I follow my own faith in life, yet I seek atonement for my past wrongdoings. I am quick to listen and slow to speak, quietly moving through life absorbing what I can get out of it. I call out for all to put away their dissonant behavior, stop putting hate, ignorance, and oppression before love and understanding of all walks of life even though they may differ from you.
Every inch is a mile, each day is another gift and blessing to right your wrongs and make right with others. I call for others to make peace and live within the code of law, that law being the universal conscience that lives within all living things. Even a dog knows when they have wronged their owner and seeks forgiveness, so why shouldn’t mankind know such measures are capable of being attained through honest atonement. Taking the steps necessary to right the ship through rough seas, is the mark of a righteous man or woman. To live is to know that without atonement, one shall live their life in sadness, seclusion, and paranoia of their actions against others.
No comments:
Post a Comment